Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sound trip

Last week’s mission trip, the workload and the case presentation is now taking a toll on me. My strength is zapped! That is why I was so excited when I got a call from my friend inviting me to watch a play Friday night. Free tickets! Yesss…!

Music always relaxes me. I get a high each time my colleague lets me hear some of his CDs culled from different genres. Yesterday, he gave me Cool Summer Jazz CD.. I loved the songs! Special mention to Luther Vandross’ Amazing, Julie London’s Fly me to the moon. And there is Louis Armstrong, Earl Klugh..But the song that had me spellbound, and thus my favorite for the moment, is Ella Fitzgerald’s “Every time we say goodbye”…Well, my grandparents or maybe my parents may have been her fans but I only hear her name as one of the music industry’s legends…Then I heard her voice….wow!

I have this weird habit of listening to the same song over and over and over again until I learn the lyrics. So, from 1pm to 4pm, all I was listening to was that song from Fitzgerald. That is why I had to have earplugs otherwise my officemates’ ears would bleed to death hearing one song for hours! ..Of course by the end of the day, I knew the lyrics already.

As I write, my officemate has his speakers at full blast listening to 80’s music…SOS, Madonna, Rick Astley, Luther Vandross, etc…That is what I love about working on Saturdays, we can have the speaker at full volume! Oh yeah, of course we have to submit reports that our boss expects to see in his inbox Sunday morning...I almost forgot about that..*lol*

No comments: