Friday, April 08, 2005

He's just not that into you

It is a title of a book from the writers of Sex and the City.

Ophrah said these are the six words that will save you years of therapy.

It is a phrase that my very dear friend Noel loved to say to his lady friends (myself included) who tend to overanalyze dates, phone calls, text messages or invitations from the ‘men’ in their lives.

Noel always tells me that a guy’s approach in a relationship or a potential relationship is simple. It is either a go or no-go. Yes or no. If he loves you, he will say it and will do something about it, if he is not sure, then he is not sure. Consider that a No. You can wait for the guy to make up his mind -- by that, women usually mean we wait for the guy to say he loves us and that he is ready for a commitment --

Or we can, move on. Of course, even a simple text message sent to us a week after a date, can make us throw these principles out of the window and go back to hoping that maybe, just maybe, he is interested and that he is just too busy to call.

I remember someone telling me that a man is never too busy for the woman he loves. Busy, according to the book’s authors, is a relationship weapon of mass destruction. The author says, if he is not calling you or sending you messages or not giving you enough time, then he is not thinking about you. whoa!

If he always says he is too busy, he is just not that into you.

Enough said.

2 comments:

Beng said...

I found myself smiling and nodding while reading this entry. :-) Ah, the eternal hopefulness of women,and the simple no-nonsense straighforwardness of men. No wonder we get into trouble sometimes.
Your blog is "blisfully" refreshing. I'm glad you allowed me to visit. You should be writing more. The gift is there. :-) I'll be a frequent visitor, you're "linked" already.

Drifter said...

Hi Beng. Coming from you, I am extremely flattered. Thanks for the vote of confidence.