Friday, April 15, 2005

My somber mind

To be on the edge of your chair yet strangely, at peace.

Finally, I found the words to describe my state of mind.

There have been a lot of events that have pushed me towards the edge of my chair the last few months. The latest would be the job application with the pharma company. Yet strangely so, I feel calm.

I remember telling a friend a few weeks ago that I am worried because I don’t feel anxious over the application. Usually, I would be at my wit’s end, biting my nails in anticipation and ready to wail in frustration.

My friend understood what I meant. “You are at peace”, he said.

Peace, there’s that word again.

“He will keep in perfect peace him whose heart is steadfast because he trusts in Him.”

One of my favorite verses in the Bible.

Peace indeed, results from the decision to trust in God. Paula Rinehart, the author of the book I am reading, expounded a little further by saying, peace results from knowing that you are loved.

I am loved.

Sure, I am loved by family and friends.

But most of all, I am loved by God.

It is a given. All that one needs to do is either ignore it or embrace its reality.

No comments: