Monday, April 23, 2007

Mountaintop weekend

Early morning heavy breakfast in a quaint restaurant in the middle of Camp John Hay.  Al fresco. 

 

Newspaper in hand, you enjoy the comfortable silence shared with a good friend.  Once in a while one of you breaks the silence to discuss something.  And then you fall back into your own solitude.

 

Pine trees surround you.  The cold breeze remains until mid morning.   You walk after the hearty meal.  You find a shaded spot.  You just sit there and take in the peace. 

 

Later, you decide to visit Starbucks.  You take a seat by the window with a view to more pine trees.  Your friend lays her head on the round table and takes a power nap while you just …stare out the window… listen to good music…read..…think….write …pray.  Several sorted out thoughts later, you realize that you have been sitting there for two solid hours!  It was time very well spent.

 

Leisurely and quiet.  The best to describe my weekend visit to Baguio.   My friend and I agreed that we would only visit Mines View to buy the infamous ube jam.  (plus a few  little items..) We were wise to avoid Session Road, quite a stressful area which I have enough of here in Manila.

 

Have I made momentous decisions while I was up there?  None. What I did was organize my thoughts.  Thankfully, my travel buddy knows me as much as I know her. That is the blessing of having a girl friend that can understand you. Our little conversations helped us sort out our scattered thoughts.

 

“Let’s do it again. A follow up to what we discussed,” she tells me while we were on our way home to Manila.

 

 “Yes. Good idea.” I smiled, saying goodbye to my favorite place of refuge.  Whispering my silent promise,  “I will be back”.

No comments: