Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A drift of jumbled thoughts

A year ago around this time, she was in her deathbed.  We were shuffling schedules to look after her at the hospital.

A year ago around this time, every text message I receive makes my heart jump in apprehension.

A year ago around his time, we were at our wit’s end trying to make sure she gets the best medical care yet knowing resources are getting scarcer and scarcer by the day.

A year ago around this time, the pain and the weariness seemed to never end.

A year ago around this time, my head constantly throbs as I wrack my brains trying to make sense of everything.

 

I remember on the day of my birthday, I made major decisions that I knew would be best for her condition.  They were huge steps.  Risky ones.  Thinking about it still reminds me of how heavy my heart was at that time.  Now a year later, I am glad I made them.  And I am glad that despite circumstances, I celebrated my day with very special friends.  I also remember thinking that it would be a great gift if she will make it to her birthday but she passed away a few days prior to her 62nd year.  We never tell each other how much we miss having our mother and our father around but all you need to do is listen to our conversations and you will know how much they are missed.   

 

These are memories that are landmarks of my life. 

A clear reminder of how much strength you can have during life’s ebbs. 

Amazing strength culled from a supernatural Source. 

You gain wisdom that cannot come from the human mind. 

Amazing wisdom whispered in your mind by God’s loving voice.

And just as Jesus fed thousands with a few fish and loaves of bread,

the supposedly scarce resources never ran out.

All debts and accountabilities were settled in full,

in less than a year.

Truly, an inexhaustible provision from Jehovah Jireh!

 

++++++

 

It is just about my birthday again.  (was that one year already?!).

Thankfully, the family has made steps towards moving on.  We just have to move on. 

In my case, the first step is to just .. move

 

++++++

Most of us spend our time neatly tucked away, all safe-and-sound,

in our tidy little lives.  It’s not that we don’t long for a change. 

It’s just that sometimes we get so busy.

And caught up in the thick of thin things,

That we forget how to really live!

Everything in our lives begins to take on a shade of gray.

 

That is when it’s time to bust loose, abandon all fears and push ourselves

Out of our comfort zones into the magical, mystical,

Uncharted territory called “Possibility”

 

Oh sure, it’s hard at first.  You may even get bumped back a few times.

But in the end, it’s worth it.. Because if you keep on reaching, one of these days

Days you’ll make it..

And nothing will ever be the same again.

 

Comfort Zones

(these are words lifted from a ref magnet given by a friend of mine..amazing how a gem of thoughts can be found in the most mediocre of things)

++++++

 

 

No comments: