Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In the meantime

Did the hiring manager like me enough to hire me?

Not sure about that..

..Yet..

But he liked me enough to endorse me to the big boss for a final interview.

Sigh. 

I honestly thought that last week was my final interview (he is after all, already a director) but it appears that there are two of us short-listed for the post.

So, the country head gets to have his two cents’ worth before they decide which one to hire.

Meantime, I don’t think I have mentioned that our organization is undergoing major ‘movements up there’.   

Several VPs and Directors of the other departments in the New York ‘mother ship’ got the axe in line with Big Boss Shawie’s announcement early this year to ‘reduce layers’  

It appears that our group is the last one to release the announcements.

My redefined role soon to be finalized. How soon is soon? Who knows?

I know that I need to wait until the dust clears. 

 

Waiting takes so much effort.  And a huge amount of faith. 

And I am trying to be cool about everything.

No comments: