Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I may have to watch his movies now

When asked how actor Heath Ledger has been coping with the birth of his daughter Matilda with girlfriend Michelle Williams, this is what the Brokeback Mountain lead star has to say --

I've been doing a lot of dishes. Happily. What else am I going to do? We're so bloody hopeless in the birthing process. You come out realizing just how stupid and weak men are. This primal kind of strength that women have just exceeds anything that's within men. It makes you feel like going out, taking steroids and going to the gym. Then starting a war! It kind of explains a lot about society; it's like overcompensating for this lack of strength. So, I'm not starting a war, I'm doing dishes.

Okay, I watched none of his movies (all I know is he is Naomi Watts’ ex-beau) but I like the way he looks. After reading this particular interview, I think I just became a fan. I admire him for declaring his appreciation for what Michelle Williams constantly goes through as a mother. Now, that in my book, is a real man!

No comments: