Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blue sky holiday

The phrase that caught my attention as I learn the words to Daniel Powter's song, Bad Day.
Okay, it is a song about having a bad day so you probably have an idea of how negative the lyrics go.

For a song about bad days, this one may just lift your spirits. It is kinda danceable. I like its upbeat melody.

I don't watch American Idol, but i was told that this song serves as the background each time one idol wannabee gets booted out.
It has been enjoying airplay for several months, its sustained popularity attributed to American Idol, I guess.

You need a blue sky holiday, goes Powter.

Ah yes, I do.

But i have this self-imposed rule not to go out of town for long periods of time.

Long period as in two to three days.

I am sticking to this rule.

-----

A few days ago, the sky darkened and for a while, the city got a reprieve from the heat.
I love the rainy season (except when i need to go out). And I can't wait for the sound of rain.
The extreme heat made me wish for the rains to come.

Today, I woke up to a dark sky and cooler breeze. Yess!
Tropical storm Caloy visits the country, ushering in the rainy season.

There goes my blue sky holiday.

No comments: