Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Meeting-itis

A common corporate irritation, where one loses large blocks of time throughout the workday, seemingly without cause. Early symptoms of the ailment include red, dry eyes, stifled yawns and proneness to notebook doodling. More severe cases result in increased apathy and stress, lower productivity and employee satisfaction, and a prolonged disdain for ready-made sandwich trays.

I got it from one of the articles in our company website.  Similar to the Free email Day experiment where we were encouraged to pick up the phone or walk to someone else’s cubicle instead of clogging the system with emails, this article is another creative way to remind everyone to manage office time wisely.   I chuckled when I read it the first time.  Most of us carry this sort of virus I think.

 

I am posting it to make sure I keep this definition at hand.

No comments: