Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Put your records on

My song of the moment. 
 
Jazzy, funky plus something else. That "head-nodding beat". And a blues ring to it.
 
It has been awhile since I last bought a CD. 
 
Until I saw this very simple video of a girl leisurely riding a bike with her girl friends.  I liked her outfit and her Afro ' do.
 
And her voice!!  Wow!
 
She sings with such ease.  Very laid back. Very cool.
 
And so I buy her CD. My first purchase after a looong while.  Well worth it.
 
I like most of the songs in the eleven-track album.  Other than Put your records on, I like Enchantment, Trouble sleeping and Breathless. 
 
Her name is Corinne Bailey Rae. UK's latest find.
 
I put my feet up and chill to her sound.
 
Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
 

No comments: